Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Resolution Writing

     I intended to publish this post right away when we returned and I forgot about it.  Here are a few pictures of our New Year's Resolution projects.  I love having first graders do self-portraits a few times throughout the year.  It's fun to see their artwork progressing as well as see their perception of themselves.  We learned about the word "resolution" and thought of a couple of synonyms to go with it, such as goal.  We also talked about what their goal would look like, what they would have to do to achieve it, and how a goal is not something you are already doing.  I had several kids start out with the goal that they were going to be nice to their teacher.  :)  I love the thought, but none of them are mean to me, so I told them they had to think of something that they weren't already doing.    They turned out great and added a little sparkle to our hallway after the holiday break.

No comments:

Post a Comment